Friday, December 23, 2011

25 weeks



This was my first week of winter break and oh has it been sweet! I've slept in every day - well, I actually wake up when my husband gets up for work, but I stay in bed playing on my phone until he leaves. Then, I fall asleep for a bit longer and get up whenever I feel like it. I know that I have to soak this in and appreciate the leisure time while I've got it because in a few short months, I'll be happy to get any sleep at all.

My friend Jessica had her baby today!!! I saw a new post from her in my reader this morning and knew it was almost time, so I texted her asking to be put on her husband's text list for updates. I got just one, then a few hours later, an adorable picture of her baby boy! It was extra exciting because they decided not to find out the sex of the baby ahead of time. Also, they planned a home birth with a midwife and I can't wait to hear/read her birth story. What an amazing Christmas they'll have this year!

While I don't think I'm technically six months pregnant yet, I keep telling everyone that I am. I don't know why, but six months seems really officially pregnant to me. I also think this might be the last month I feel cute. I'm pretty scared of getting much bigger, but I know it's coming.

My dress in the photos is from Old Navy Maternity - I bought it online, which is something I rarely do for clothes, but it worked out! I plan on wearing this on Christmas Eve for our family lunch and to church. On Christmas, I'm going to wear my red and grey striped shirt from this post because we'll just be lounging at my in-laws all day and I want to wear something comfortable, but festive.

The baby room walls are painted and all the trim is up! The last thing to be done is to paint the crown molding and it's ready for furniture!! I am SO excited and ready to start decorating.

We got our stroller yesterday! I put it together by myself (it was so easy) and we have it set up next to the tree like a present. My husband's grandma is coming over on Saturday (she's the one who bought it for us), so it will be nice for her to see it all put together.

Yesterday morning, I woke up with terrible leg pain. After tweeting about it, Bee said it could be sciatica, which makes a lot of sense. Many times, pregnant women have back pain and think it's sciatica, but really, it's not. Sciatica isn't usually felt in the back, it's felt in the legs. I definitely have some lower back pain every once in a while, but this was totally different. It felt like I had run a marathon in my sleep! It went away after I laid in bed for a while and it didn't happen today, so I hope it was just that one time. I do think I need to get one of those maternity body pillows, though, so I stay in the best position all night.

Have you been reading my posts over on Hellobee? Most of them are repeats, for now, but I'm going to get some new stuff up there very soon.

5 comments:

Angela said... [Reply to comment]

Love the dress!!! Merry Christmas!!

xo,
A

Jakeandjess said... [Reply to comment]

Looking good ms mama! I ha that back pain way early on during my pregnancy (around 5 months I think) and the body pillow and some yoga stretching really helped. The yoga position is called legs up the wall. All u do is lay on your back with you bum against the wall and rest your legs up the wall. Super easy and releaves the pain. I even did it in bed when I was too lazy to get out!

Can't wait to share our story with you soon!

Michelle said... [Reply to comment]

LOVE the dress!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Pretty dress!!

<3, Ang

Angela said... [Reply to comment]

SO...off topic question...why aren't you writing for Spearmint Baby anymore? Just curious!

xo,
A

Related Posts with Thumbnails